2D Plans and Elevation Surveys
2D Plans and Elevations:
We are not all about the funky 3D stuff!
Severn Partnership deliverables are usually underpinned by topographical surveys, floorplans for measured building surveys, elevations & sections. Even where we are creating building information models, 2D plans can be printed back from the 3D data to create standard DWG, DXF or DGN data.
What we can do is capture more data faster than ever using our mobile mapping capability, or add value to your 2D data using Seeable Apps.
Measured Building Survey:
Floorplans, roofplans, elevations and sections through to a full scan to BIM (parametric Building information Model) service. Floorplans 1:20, 1:50 or 1:100 scale floorplans surveyed in the field with high accuracy reflectorless total stations and bespoke building survey software. Picking up floor levels, overhead beams, walls, doors, window openings, heads & cills and reflected ceiling pans of required.
Elevations, roof plans & cross sections can be created, using laser scanners to capture difficult to access roof detail remotely; generating detailed plans of roof tops, plant, air conditioning units and walkways. Facade detail is picked up in high detail, with the quality assured from having scan data to compose drawings from.
Direct Benefits by Utilising Scan Data:
- Avoiding assumptions
- Avoiding generalisations
- Avoiding errors in interpretation
- Reducing costly errors by having the original data cloud to refer back to
- Surveying remotely in real time (checking results in the field)
- Avoiding the need for direct access – thereby reducing health and safety risks
- Allowing rapid data gathering where time is short
We can also utilise our floorplan data to produce:
- Net Internal Area (NIA) calculations for rental properties, service charges and leases looking at usable space (shops, offices and businesses)
- Gross Internal Area (GIA) surveys (Industrial units, stores and warehouses)
- Gross External Area (GEA) surveys (used for re-build costs)
- Retail Zones or ITZA (‘In Terms of Zone A’), ranking floor space in order of footfall importance
- Land Registry Plans for leased properties showing a location map, and common areas on the floor plan
Proving Surveys and Validation:
Where construction is underway or just completed, we can provide an independent check and validate either existing survey work or the position and level of construction. This validation work can be on building sites, checking verticality of steel, slab or finished floor levels, boundaries, volumes or survey control station coordinates. For validating existing survey plans, we would advise a 100% visual content check, followed by a 10% re-survey to check dimensions, alignment, survey control and discrepancies in height.
Proving surveys may also be combined with an update survey where we check and continue survey work started by ourselves or others. Some projects require a monthly, yearly or periodical re-visit to re-observe the same area. This is usually the case where sites are under constant development, or have shifting earthworks that require tracking for volumes of cut and fill.
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to us on 01743 875 000.