Severn Partnership – Sports & Leisure Surveys
Severn Partnership – Sports & Leisure Surveys Summary:
There is wide variety in this sector from theatres and film studios on the artistic side to race tracks, climbing walls, football stadiums and golf courses on the sporting side.Using our skills in rapid accurate survey gained from engineering projects; we realise deadlines and quality count in all sectors.
We can offer a range of surveying, 3D laser scanning and 3D modelling services to the film, entertainment and sporting sectors and we have an expanding portfolio of successfully completed projects – see our case studies for more information, and a selection of examples are listed below.
Our teams are available at short notice for a rapid response and utilise the latest survey technology from reflectorless total stations to 3D laser scanners. For the film industry, our 3D laser scanners are ideal for set archive data prior to striking sets and providing accurate base data for 3D modelling & visualisation. Previous projects include:
- Elstree Studios – Laser scanning for Alicia Keys concert..
- Ashton Theatre – Laser scanning, 3D point cloud, building floorplans and elevations.
- Aardman Animations – Topographical survey and digital terrain modelling on ‘Chicken Run’.
Golf Course Surveys:
We can provide measured surveys for all aspects of golf course management such as design, re-design, laying, irrigation and drainage. We also have Directors and Surveyors who are keen golfers, so we know how to work with minimum impact and respect for golfing etiquette.
We have the expertise and equipment to survey a green at 30mm point spacing or a whole course at 10m spacing via RTK GPS. Where access is an issue for a proposed course, we can survey by aerial photogrammetry to minimise ground access.
Visualisations of the survey data can be created from simple scan cloud animations to full 3D models.
Full golf course topographical surveys can be utilised by course owners, superintendents and architects to compute yardages, plan alterations and collate service information on one digital plan.
Previous Golf Courses Surveyed:
- Shrewsbury Golf course (Condover) – Yardage measurement & course re-design.
- Hawkstone Park – Old & New course project surveyors, topographical survey, setting out, earthworks volumes.
- The Warwickshire – survey for photorealistic full 3D modelling.
- Hill valley – 3D laser scanning, yardage, and survey for practice area for re-design.
- Valhalla, Kentucky 2008 Ryder Cup course – Laser scanning all 18 No greens for high accuracy contours and fully rendered 3D modelling.
- Sonning – Topographical survey with RTK GPS and robotic total station.
- Wentworth – Topographical survey, RTK GPS and laser scanning all 18 greens – combined survey.
- Sunningdale – Topographical survey and Laser scanning.
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to us on 01952 676 775.