M42 Highways Survey & Mobile Mapping
M42 Highways Survey & Mobile Mapping Summary:
Our client required a full topographic survey of a stretch of busy motorway, as well as the adjacent land, buildings and structures. The work needed to be carried out with as little disruption to the Highways network as possible. Severn Partnership devised a work plan to ensure the entire project was completed with zero disruption to the motorway network and in a safe, risk free way to site workers and the general public.
How can you survey a motorway without stopping traffic?
Severn Partnership managed this by proposing utilisation of the latest survey equipment available to ensure the work was done remotely. These methods were:
- Aerial Mapping using SUA (Small Unmanned Aircraft)
- Mobile Mapping (vehicle mounted equipment)
- Reflectorless measurement with Robotic Total Stations
- Laser Scanning
Having discussed the requirements and method with our client, it was agreed to implement a Full Topographic Survey, Aerial survey and Survey 4 BIM. This included a work plan, using SUA, Mobile Mapping, Laser Scanning, GPS and Robotic Total Stations.
The following work was required.
- Installation of survey control and observation to OS grid and datum.
- 2km+ Full detail highways survey along motorway including all lane markings, street furniture, visible services, utility covers, top and toe of embankments and boundary information.
- Detailed topographical survey and BIM for Infrastructure of existing bridge and gantry structures over the motorway Corridor, to include wingwalls and all retaining structures.
- Detailed topographical survey of B roads running over and adjacent to the motorway.
- 1:500 topographical survey of all fields and surrounding land, including electricity pylons, buildings and boundaries.
- Fully registered 3D pointclouds of structures in compatible formats (PTS, PCG & POD)
- 3D Autodesk Revit models (RVT & IFC)
- Topographical survey drawings (3D, AutoCAD Format)
- Elevation drawings (2D, AutoCAD Format)
- Section drawings (2D, AutoCAD Format)
- Control Station Witness Diagrams
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to us on 01952 676 775.