BIM4Refurb – Laser Scanning Sheffield University
BIM4Refurb – Laser Scanning Sheffield University Summary:
Severn Partnership were instructed by Mace Group on two separate occasions to survey a number of buildings within the University of Sheffield campus. The Grade II listed campus buildings are due for refurbishment and therefore require accurate dimensional data to provided the basis of the re-design. Bond Bryan architects required a 3D model of each building to be created within Autodesk Revit and delivered in an IFC format to facilitate further asset management.
‘Having worked with Severn Partnership since 2015, from which time they have provided Mace and our further education based clients with professional support in relation to measured surveying services, I can confirm their work has contributed to the successful delivery of major projects and would recommend them as a solid and reliable supplier.’ – Mark Bainbridge, MACE.
Sheffield University Model
- Survey Control & 3D Laser Scanning – 2 weeks
- Z+F imager® 5010C & Leica P20
- Access arranged by Severn Partnership (no room closures necessary)
- Point Cloud Registration – 3 weeks (Leica Cyclone 9.1.4)
- 3D Modelling – 20 days
Point Cloud Data
- Point Cloud
- Topographical Survey
- Utility Sub-surface Survey
- 3 x 3D models in both native
- Revit formats, as well as IFC 2 x 3
- 2D drawings; elevations, floor plans, sections
For more information please email us at email@example.com or speak to us on 01952 676 775.