Monitoring and Deformation Surveys
Monitoring & Deformation Surveys:
Using high accuracy total stations to monitor movement or deformation of structures over time. This can be manned 24hrs or automated with data sent over the airways.
At Severn Partnership, we can offer innovative and professional solutions to any given monitoring problem – such as:
- Building deformation
- Quarry faces
- Highways – road surfaces
- Embankment and cutting slopes
- Active railway tracks
- New gabion walls
- Tunnel walls
- Bridge parapets
- OHLE gantries
- Mining subsidence
- Laser scanning for complex surfaces
- Airport runways
We can also join up with link up approved geotechnical engineers to provide borehole sampling, piezometers and inclinometers. Monitoring visits are manned by surveyors, with systems set up to provide checks on potential observational errors – making sure false alarms are not raised. We are well aware of the speed restriction / line blocking implications of track movement.
Since 1991, we have developed a particular specialisation in the field of remote monitoring of rail tracks during construction work. In 1997 we introduced a remote system and have been using it regularly ever since. Our remote system of monitoring can be fully automated for cost effective 24hour monitoring. All staff are PTS trained.
Our Service to You:
- Innovative solutions to monitoring problems since 1991
- All staff are PTS qualified, and we are Proof Audit / Linkup / BSI / TSA / RICS / ICES accredited
- Cost effective construction of targets
- Stable Monitoring Pillars contracted to minimise errors.
- 24 hrs / day track monitoring (two or three surveyors working in rotation)
- Hourly, daily, weekly or monthly intervals
- Real time solutions available
- Working countrywide
- Using latest Trimble S6 magdrive robotic total stations for accuracy and efficiency
A Sample of Successful Monitoring Projects Includes:
- Crewe – UTX Pipe jacking below WCRM. 7 days, 80 targets, every 30mins.
- Standish – UTX Pipe Jacking below WCRM. 5 days, 60 targets, every 30 mins.
- Althorp embankment – Wooden stakes in sloping ground, monthly measurements for 1 year.
- Bedford – Bridge structure monitoring, monthly for 2 years.
- New Street Station – Stour Tunnel. 150 targets. Emergency monitoring regime every night for 8 weeks.
- Paddington Station – Bishops Bridge Road project. Project surveyors on and & off for 2 years. Up to 300 monitoring targets total for tunnelling going under full width of station.
- Llanelli – 2 sites on same project. 300 targets. Set up monitoring regime then taught client engineer to continue twice daily measurements. Ongoing project.
- Cardiff – 80 targets. Ongoing project. Measurements every 2 hours for 4-5 days.
All monitoring projects depend on a stable monitoring location. We build concrete pillars where possible. Our survey system checks the position of this survey station prior to each set of monitoring readings and makes use of the updated geospatial position; thus an unstable monitoring point will still produce good results.
- Real time movement reports
- Onsite spreadsheet analysis (X, Y, Z changes)
- 3D DXF of rail alignment changes
- Isopachyte contours for surface deviations (in ‘mm’ or ‘m’ depending on areas covered)
- 3D scan clouds for complex surfaces – see laser scanning page
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to us on 01952 676 775.