Building Information modelling survey (Scan2BIM)
Building Information Modelling Survey (Scan2BIM):
Using 3D Laser Scanners to create accurate and detailed Building Information Models (BIM) in a variety of formats, for renovation, retrofit or refurbishment ‘as built’ survey of buildings & infrastructure.
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is the creation and management of data through a building’s life cycle and revolves around the use of intelligent 3D CAD models. Severn Partnership can efficiently create accurate BIM 3D models from surveyed 3D laser scan data; SCAN2BIM.
Our 3D laser scanner is ideal for quickly capturing large sites and buildings in high levels of detail. This allows our 3D BIM modellers to accurately re-create the as-built site using BIM software such as; Autodesk Revit. The intelligent 3D model allows users to quickly manipulate, change, analyse and adapt all aspects of the existing as-built model.
Building Information Modelling 3D Laser Scanning and Modelling Applications Include:
- Primary BIM Model – the initial as-built BIM 3D model created from the laser scan data can be used as the primary BIM model, which is manipulated, changed, analysed and adapted throughout the project life cycle
- Mechanical Electrical Plumbing (MEP) – using the scan data to identify the position of MEP, specialised software can then be used to accurately create an intelligent 3D utilities plan
- Computational Analysis – 3D BIM models can be used for Structural Analysis, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and within other Computational Analysis tools
- Surveys for Revit terrain on new build sites
- Marketing and Media – models can be visualised and rendered for use in promotional campaigns and media releases
Past Projects Include:
- Creation of intelligent Autodesk Revit 3D model of the whole West Sussex Hospital site from laser scan data for Laing O’Rourke and BDP.
- The laser scanning and Revit BIM 3D modelling of Harper Adams University’s accommodation blocks.
- We can create deliverables for Revit, Navisworks, Microstation, AutoCAD, CADduct and many more.
For more information please email us at email@example.com or speak to us on 01743 875 000.