Fundraising for Camps International
Over the last few weeks, Severn Partnership have been delighted to watch the progress and achievements of Ellie Roberts as she raises money for the trip of a lifetime to Peru! Ellie, the daughter of Jim Roberts (Head of HSQE at Severn Partnership) has been hard at work fundraising for her charity appeal for Camps International.
Who are Camps International?
As global leaders in ethical and sustainable school expeditions, Camps International offer fully-supported and authentic cultural experiences for students across Africa, Asia and South America. Each expedition looks to challenge a student’s view of the world and help them to understand the day to day challenges rural communities can often face. Their experiences go beyond the classroom, giving individuals the opportunity to develop key skills and increase self-worth.
Ellie now has only £1000 left to raise and has recently had success with:
- auctioning off a signed Manchester United football shirt, raising £175.
- hosting a Pamper Party! 5 Beauticians volunteered their time and pampered over 30 women with henna tattoos, gel nails, Indian Head massages, eyebrow treatments and makeup. Raising over £230, everyone was later treated to afternoon tea and a dip in the hot tub!
- selling tickets for £1 on a ‘Lucky Square’ grid and using a random number selector to choose the winner of a giant cuddly toy, raising another £50.
- hosting a Sunday roast dinner for 12 people, all made and served by Ellie herself! With every happy diner contributing £5 towards the cause and splashing out a little extra for desserts and wine, the event raised just over £100.
- several car boot sales, most of which have raised at least £100 each.
- continuing to sell homemade cakes.
A massive congratulations to Ellie from all at Severn Partnership for such a fantastic achievement so far!
For further information regarding Ellie’s expedition and to read more about Camps International, click here.