Station Platform Gauging Survey
Station Platform Gauging Survey Summary:
From traditional wood platform gauge to Real time Kinematic scanning trolley – we can produce platform clearance surveys with a range of deliverables.
The drive towards increasing network capacity has created the requirement to develop railway stations to accommodate longer, bigger and faster trains.
Longer trains create the need for platform extension surveys and faster, larger trains require platform canopy or coping stones to be modified to avoid any clashes or clearance issues with the envelope of the train.
In Support of These Projects we can Supply:
- Topographical & track surveys for platform extensions
- Platform gauging clearance surveys at 5m centres in spreadsheet format, X,Y,Z1,Z2
- 3D strings for station canopy overhangs
- Datum plate readings for reference
- Drainage information
- Underground utility location survey
- Full 3D models for station buildings
With our comprehensive inventory of equipment and resources, we can cope with any size of project; from single platforms to multiple stations or framework agreements. We have a track record of delivering project data on time and on budget.
Examples of Relevant Experience Include:
- St Pancras station
- Kings Cross station
- Paddington station
- Birmingham New Street station
- Birmingham International
- Chiltern Line platform extension surveys
- Stafford Station tracks, platforms and buildings
- Docklands Light Rail station surveys
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to us on 01952 676 775.