Rail Track & Pway Survey Projects
Rail Track & Pway Survey Projects Summary:
We complete hundreds of miles of track survey each year for a range of Engineering consultancy clients. For alignment design, speed improvement, feasibility from early grip stages to as built validation. In the field of track survey, we can confidently claim that our knowledge and record is second to none.
We are experienced and equipped to cope with any size and type of track survey, from simple plain line to complex S&C. We have invested in the latest one man robotic tracking total stations, and have acquired the Amberg GRP system FX to produce high accuracy track alignment, cant and gauge readings. The Amberg System also brings increased productivity to plain line surveys.
Productivity in complex areas only comes through thorough training, site knowledge and experience. We know how to look for and recognise key survey detail such as:
- The Permanent way (Pway rail survey)
- Flatbottom and Bullhead Rails
- Nose angles, toe positions, hinge points, last long timbers
- Joints, welds and twist rails
- Cant transitions
- Sleeper types, track clip types and rail types
- Points heating equipment
- Datum plates
- Working with miles, chains or yards
We also field check our surveys where necessary to ensure completeness, and look out for detail such as under bridges; where we know that a change in ballast depth may have track design implications.
When looking at the Network Rail specifications for track survey ‘rail shoes’; the example shown is our design, we custom make our own equipment to ensure the highest accuracy and elimination of systematic errors.
Again, through our experience, we can advise on track access issues and the best methodology to suit your project and provide COSS qualified surveyors to carry out the survey.
Examples of Relevant Experience Include:
- S2SP project for Mott MacDonald (70 miles)
- A09 speed enhancement surveys secondments to Network Rail
- Chiltern Line; 53 miles Aerial and ground survey plain line/S&C
- Bescot to Round Oak; 10 miles aerial and & ground survey
- Paddington Station, LTVA project, and all track to Ladbroke grove
- CTRL Dollands Moor freight yard
- Birmingham New Street, Shields Junction, Glasgow Central, St Pancras throat; all highly complex S&C surveys
For more information please email us at email@example.com or speak to us on 01743 875 000.