Marine 3D Laser Scanning & 3D Modelling
CS Sovereign – Marine 3D Laser Scanning & 3D Modelling Summary:
Commissioned in 2010 to 3D laser scan and 3D model the CS Sovereign for inclusion in bespoke 3D navigation software. We utilised a combination of conventional survey 3D control and 3D laser scanning to create a registered point cloud of the ship (see images above). Our 3D Laser Scanner is ideally suited for quickly and safely surveying the complex and intricate details on-board any ship or on any off-shore structure.
From this high accuracy point cloud, we meshed and 3D modelled the hull, decks, lifting cranes up to Monkey Island! We then accurately positioned and modelled the key navigation equipment (GPS, Radar, Aerials) with respect to the ships centre-line and reference system.
- AutoCAD, Autodesk, SketchUp, Microstation, Cyclone, Point tools, and more
- 2D plans, sections, elevations
- 3D wireframe models
- 3D solid faced models
- Marketing and Media – 3D models and visualisations for promotional campaigns, media releases
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and within other Computational Analysis tools
- Deformation Analysis – damaged or collapsing structures can be monitored using detailed 3D models
For more information please email us at email@example.com or speak to us on 01743 875 000.