ABB / Electricity Alliance, Supertransformer
ABB / Electricity Alliance, Supertransformer Summary:
3D laser scanning and 3D modelling of the Molly’s Lane ‘supertransformer’ to verify archive record information.
Using our 3D laser scanner, key components of the supertransformer, overhead cables, topography and adjacent infrastructure were surveyed. Site work was completed within four hours on site, taking care to stick to exacting health and safety requirements. The resulting 3D registered point cloud was imported into Rhino for accurate 3D modelling and visualisation.
We achieved a point spacing of approximately 5mm over the structure, with individual points accurate to +/-3mm. the quoted accuracy of the final model relative to the cloud was+/-10mm.
Benefits of the scan & model workflow for this project were:
- Remote, reflectorless survey – avoid the need to contact with tapes or prisms
- Speed of turn around – done in a day on site, with no requirements for revisits
- Accuracy & quality assurance of the final 3D model
- Ideal for retro-fit plant projects
- 2D plans easily generated as prints from the 3D model
- Measurements can be taken from the cloud instantly on site if required to check dimensions
This 3D data was then used as the base to create an interactive safety application through our sister company Seeable LLP….
Supertransformer – Safety briefing APP from SEEABLE on Vimeo.
For more information please email us at email@example.com or speak to us on 01952 676 775.